Car accidents can be scary. They happen very quick and in most cases at the worst time. Beyond that is the physical injuries that you can sustain from them that not only affect you now but many years down the road if not properly dealt with. Knowing this we have consulted experts on how to handle things in a way that gives you the best chance of a full recovery in the least stressful way.
Our friends at Lamarka Law Group have given us 8 things that all people should follow-through on when involved in a car accident. It's critical to follow a proven process in these situations so that you get what you need.
Here's the step-by-step process with ANY car accident situation:
- Call the police!
- Take pictures of the vehicles and the scene of the crash.
- Take pictures of your injuries: bruises, lacerations, and especially any marks on your head.
- You can talk to insurance adjusters about rental car, vehicle repairs, and total loss. Don’t talk to any insurance adjusters about your injuries or medical treatment.
- Don’t sign anything without talking to a lawyer first.
- Notify your own car insurance of the crash.
- Give your car insurance information to your chiropractor. Don’t give it to any other medical provider, ambulance, or hospital. Tell them to bill your health insurance.
- If you don’t have medical payments coverage on your car insurance, add it now! It is inexpensive and it will help you greatly in the event of an accident.
If you have any questions on any of these specific steps please don't hesitate to ask either us or the people at Lamarka. The sooner you act in these situations the more likely you find a complete resolution to the problems and injuries sustained from the accident. Finally, we hope you never have to have this discussion in the first place! Drive alert. Drive safe.
Find more information at: https://www.youriowalawyers.com/des-moines-personal-injury-lawyer/car-accidents/